22.3569, Jobs: Quantitative Methods; Lang Acq: Asst Prof, George Mason U

Mon Sep 12 20:12:05 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3569. Mon Sep 12 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3569, Jobs: Quantitative Methods; Lang Acq: Asst Prof, George Mason U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 12-Sep-2011
From: Steven Weinberger [weinberg at gmu.edu]
Subject: Quantitative Methods; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, George Mason University, VA, USA

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:10:14
From: Steven Weinberger [weinberg at gmu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3569.html&submissionid=4531806&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: George Mason University
Department: English - Program in Linguistics
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.gmu.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Quantitative Methods

The George Mason University, Department of English, Program in Linguistics
announces a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in linguistics
beginning Fall 2012. The linguistics program at George Mason offers a PhD,
MA and undergraduate concentration in linguistics.

Completion of a PhD in Linguistics is required before August 2012.
Candidates should have a specialization in any area of theoretical
linguistics with an expertise in quantitative research methods. Work in
language acquisition is strongly favored. Must demonstrate potential for
excellence in scholarship and in graduate and undergraduate teaching.

For full consideration, apply for position F6957z at the application URL
below by 30 November, 2011. Complete the faculty application, and upload a
cover letter, CV, and a writing sample of approximately 30 pages. Please
mail three letters of recommendation and academic transcripts to the chair
of the search committee at the application address below. We will interview
candidates at the Linguistic Society of America meeting in Portland on
January 5-8, 2012. EOE

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Steven Weinberger