22.3573, Jobs: Chinese; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Comp Ling: Oracle Corp.

Tue Sep 13 14:54:25 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3573. Tue Sep 13 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3573, Jobs: Chinese; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Comp Ling: Oracle Corp.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Sep-2011
From: Louise Kemp-De Jong [louise.kemp-de.jong at oracle.com]
Subject: Chinese, Mandarin; C/C++ Programming; Chinese Computational Linguist: Oracle Corp., DC, USA

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:52:08
From: Louise Kemp-De Jong [louise.kemp-de.jong at oracle.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3573.html&submissionid=4531889&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Oracle Corp.
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

Oracle ATG offers commerce and knowledge applications which use the ATG
Search product. This product supports over 15 languages but will need to
support 32 in the near future. The ATG Search group develops the software
and language dictionaries and other linguistic data to support search.

Details:
We are seeking a Chinese Computational Linguists for research and
development related to a multi-language natural language processing system.

Qualified candidates must be native or near-native speakers of at least one of
the following languages:
-  Chinese
*  Proficiency in at least one additional language is a strong plus.

Further qualifications:
-  Must have 2-5 yrs of professional experience as a computational linguist
-  Academic degree or professional experience in computational linguistics
-  5 yrs of C/C++ programming skills
-  Experience with creating morphological rules for languages both familiar
and unfamiliar
-  Proficiency with regular expressions and basic Unix/Linux shell commands
-  Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
-  Strong analytical skills
-  Ability to work independently
-  Proficiency in a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus

The candidates will be responsible for:
-  Creating, developing, and maintaining lexicons and morphological rules in a
variety of languages
-  Quality assessment of existing language work
-  Ongoing testing and evaluation of language-related aspects of search
product
-  Researching and evaluating alternative tokenization and morphological
analysis techniques
-  Collecting, evaluating, and maintaining training corporation

If interested, please send your resume to Louise de Jong at the application
email address below.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2011

Email Address for Applications: louise.kemp-de.jong at oracle.com
Contact Information: