22.3616, Jobs: Second Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, U of Kansas

Fri Sep 16 18:50:51 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3616. Fri Sep 16 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3616, Jobs: Second Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, U of Kansas

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 14-Sep-2011
From: Alison Gabriele [gabriele at ku.edu]
Subject: Second Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, USA

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:47:55
From: Alison Gabriele [gabriele at ku.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3616.html&submissionid=4532042&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Kansas
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Kansas, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.ku.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

The Linguistics Department at the University of Kansas invites applications
for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Second Language
Acquisition/Bilingualism expected to begin as early as August 18, 2012. A
Ph.D. or ABD in Linguistics or a closely related field with a specialization in
second language acquisition/bilingualism is expected by the start date of
appointment. The successful candidate will have a strong record of research
which is informed by linguistic theory, demonstrate excellence in teaching,
and show potential for external funding. Responsibilities will include
maintaining an active research program, supervising graduate and
undergraduate research, teaching courses in second language acquisition,
bilingualism, and other courses in linguistics, and contributing to departmental
governance. We seek applicants whose interests and experience intersect
with existing research in the department.

For a complete list of requirements and to apply online, go to the application
URL below and search for position number 00003491.

Please upload a cover letter outlining interest in and qualifications for the
position, a research statement, a teaching statement, a list of references,
and a curriculum vitae. Please include a phone number and e-mail address.
Applicants should also mail sample publications to the address below. The
applicant should arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent to the
same address.

First priority will be given to applications received by December 1, 2011. The
initial review of applications will begin in early December, 2011 and will
continue as long as needed to identify a qualified applicant pool. EO/AA
Employer.

The University of Kansas is especially interested in hiring faculty members
who can contribute to four key campus-wide strategic initiatives: (1)
Sustaining the Planet, Powering the World; (2) Promoting Well-Being, Finding
Cures; (3) Harnessing Information, Multiplying Knowledge; and (4) Building
Communities, Expanding Opportunities. See
http://www.provost.ku.edu/planning/themes/ for more information.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Alison Gabriele (SLA Search)
	Department of Linguistics
	1541 Lilac Lane, Blake Hall 427