22.3687, Jobs: English; General Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, U of the Ryukyus

Wed Sep 21 17:53:24 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3687. Wed Sep 21 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3687, Jobs: English; General Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, U of the Ryukyus

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 20-Sep-2011
From: Yasushi Yoshimoto [Ling at LL.u-ryukyu.ac.jp]
Subject: English; General Linguistics: Assistant/Associate Professor, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:51:15
From: Yasushi Yoshimoto [Ling at LL.u-ryukyu.ac.jp]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3687.html&submissionid=4532482&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of the Ryukyus
Department: English Language and Culture
Job Location: Okinawa, Japan
Web Address: http://www.ll.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/departments/lc/english/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of English Language and Culture at the University of the
Ryukyus has been authorized to make an appointment in General Linguistics /
English Linguistics at the rank of assistant professor or associate professor.
Salary will be commensurate with experience; Ph.D. in (English) linguistics is
required by April 1, 2012, the starting date of the appointment; Other
qualifications include native or near-native competency in Japanese,
competency to teach both the English language courses (e.g., College English,
Reading in English, English Composition) and linguistics courses (e.g., English
Phonetics / Phonology / Morphology / Semantics, Contrastive Study of English
and Japanese). Applicants who can also conduct research on the Ryukyuan
languages are strongly encouraged to apply.

Applications should include curricula vitae, representative work, two letters of
recommendation, transcripts (undergraduate and graduate), and statements of
purpose for both research and collegiate English education. More details and
necessary forms can be found at the application URL below.

Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Soomu-bu Jinji-ka Nin-yoo-gakari
	University of the Ryukyus