22.3691, Jobs: Chinese; Applied Ling: Online Adjunct Prof, American Public U

Wed Sep 21 20:21:39 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3691. Wed Sep 21 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3691, Jobs: Chinese; Applied Ling: Online Adjunct Prof, American Public U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 21-Sep-2011
From: Human Resources [apply at online.com]
Subject: Chinese; Applied Linguistics: Online Adjunct Professor, American Public University System

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:17:08
From: Human Resources [apply at online.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3691.html&submissionid=4532615&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: American Public University System
Job Location: ---------------- (Telecommute)
Job Rank: Adjunct Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

Online Adjunct Faculty - Foreign Languages - Chinese
American Public University System

Synopsis of Role:
At American Public University System, faculty members are united by the
common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range
of interests and experiences. APUS faculty are key to creating a rewarding
online learning experience for our students by engaging them, challenging
them, and supporting them. Because this position is so central to the
success of the APUS mission, we are seeking candidates who share our
commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty,
service to our communities of practice, and scholarship.

Required Experience:
-  Master's degree required in the study of Chinese Language or Linguistic
from a regionally accredited institution is required. Or a master's degree and
at least 18 graduate hours in linguistics or Chinese language studies.
-  Teaching experience is preferred.
-  Online teaching experience is preferred.
-  Familiarity with the Rosetta Stone is preferred.

Essential Functions:
-  Prepare and deliver online lessons to undergraduate or graduate students.
-  Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom discussions and
forums.
-  Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within
the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide
student learning and success.
-  Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature,
engaging with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and
conferences.

Required Skills:
-  Effective communication skills, with an emphasis on written
communication.
-  Functional knowledge of the writing style (APA, Chicago, Turabian) used by
your discipline.
-  Ability to create and adapt educational strategies according to the demands
of the virtual classroom.
-  Ability to think critically to solve complex problems and formulate
alternative solutions.
-  Educational philosophy focused on student growth and achievement.
-  Strong work ethic and ability to manage and meet deadlines.
-  Self directed and self motivated.
-  Extensive knowledge of and/or willingness to learn current educational
practices, especially in online education.
-  Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
-  Open to giving and receiving feedback related to teaching and learning.

Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This is a remote position. Candidates will need to supply their own office
equipment and internet connection.

Position Type: Part-Time

To Apply: A cover letter is not required, but preferred. Please make your
cover letter page one of your CV. Apply at the application URL below.

Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/208268
Contact Information:
	Human Resources
	Email: apply at online.com