22.3715, Jobs: Various Langs: Consultant, Second Language Testing Inc.

Fri Sep 23 14:34:42 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3715. Fri Sep 23 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3715, Jobs: Various Langs: Consultant, Second Language Testing Inc.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Sep-2011
From: Anthony Becker [abecker at 2lti.com]
Subject: Various Languages; Language Professional: Consultant, Second Language Testing Inc.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:33:12
From: Anthony Becker [abecker at 2lti.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3715.html&submissionid=4532646&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Second Language Testing Inc.
Job Location: ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.2lti.com
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Translation; Yemeni Arabic/Norwegian/Kurmanji language professional

Required Language(s): Arabic, Sanaani (ayn)
                      Kurdish, Northern (kmr)
                      Norwegian Bokmål (nob)

Our company, Second Language Testing Inc., is currently searching for Yemeni
Arabic/Norwegian/Kurmanji language professionals to participate in a part-time
contracting opportunity. The work involves the writing of test passages based on
authentic material in these three languages. These tests will be used to assess
the proficiency of speakers of Yemeni Arabic/Norwegian/Kurmanji who wish to
work for US Government agencies.

The language expert's role would be to find written and audio materials that are
suitable for use in testing, and write questions in English about the material.
Qualified applicants to this position should have listening and reading
proficiency of at least an ILR level 4 (or ACTFL level Superior) in Yemeni
Arabic/Norwegian/Kurmanji and level 3 skills in English. We are looking for
people with strong English writing skills (ILR level 3/ACTFL), who are computer
literate and have access to a high-speed Internet connection.

Additional desired qualities include:
-  Evidence of previous experience with the US Government's ILR scale
-  Professional experience in linguistics, literature or translation
-  Yemeni Arabic/Norwegian/Kurmanji teaching experience
-  Ability to deliver quality work on a deadline
-  Item writing experience

Successful applicants will undergo a paid training. Work includes monthly
assignments and will be completed remotely. Compensation is provided for
training and collection of passages, based on the number of passages
submitted and accepted. All interested and qualified applicants should send their
resumes via email to the application email address below. Thank you very
much.

Email Address for Applications: abecker at 2lti.com
Contact Information:
	Anthony Becker