22.3785, Jobs: Anthro Ling; Native American Ling: Asst Prof, U of Oklahoma

Wed Sep 28 18:03:13 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3785. Wed Sep 28 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3785, Jobs: Anthro Ling; Native American Ling: Asst Prof, U of Oklahoma

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 27-Sep-2011
From: Wanda Downs [wdowns at ou.edu]
Subject: Anthropological Linguistics; Native American Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Oklahoma, USA

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:58:27
From: Wanda Downs [wdowns at ou.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3785.html&submissionid=4532833&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oklahoma
Department: Anthropology
Job Location: Oklahoma, USA
Web Address: http://www.ou.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics; Native American Linguistics

The University of Oklahoma Department of Anthropology seeks a linguistic
anthropologist for a permanent, tenure-track appointment at the Assistant
Professor level, beginning August 16, 2012. Applicant must have Ph.D. and
teaching experience in linguistic anthropology by start date. Area of
specialization must be Native American linguistics with a preference for
pedagogy of non-written languages. The successful applicant will be
expected to work closely with our Native American Language Program in
addition to teaching a broad range of linguistic anthropology classes.
Applicants should be committed to a four-field anthropology program.

Send letter by November 15, 2011, detailing research interests and teaching
experience, vita, and contact information for three references by email to
Wanda Downs, Administrative Assistant to the Linguistic Anthropology Search
Committee at the email address below. Applications considered until
position filled. OU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: wdowns at ou.edu
Contact Information:
	Administrative Assistant Wanda Downs
	Email: wdowns at ou.edu