22.3787, Jobs: Neurolinguistics: Asst Prof, The Univeristy of Texas at Austin

Wed Sep 28 18:19:36 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3787. Wed Sep 28 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3787, Jobs: Neurolinguistics: Asst Prof, The Univeristy of Texas at Austin

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 27-Sep-2011
From: Richard P. Meier [rmeier at austin.utexas.edu]
Subject: Neurolinguistics: Assistant Professor, The Univeristy of Texas at Austin, USA

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:17:24
From: Richard P. Meier [rmeier at austin.utexas.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3787.html&submissionid=4532843&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Univeristy of Texas at Austin
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/linguistics/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics

The Department of Linguistics seeks applications for a tenure-track
position, with a specialization in the study of language and the brain. We
have a preference for individuals with several years of experience beyond
the Ph.D. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of
research in how language is processed, represented, learned, and/or
understood. We particularly seek candidates who have investigated
linguistic processing using neuoroimaging methods and who will provide
leadership in the use of such techniques within the department. For
information on the imaging facilities available at The University of Texas
at Austin, see the web site of the Imaging Research Center:
http://www.irc.utexas.edu/index.html. In 2013, the Department of
Linguistics will be moving into a newly-constructed building that will
allow excellent laboratory space within the department.

Duties include: (a) teaching undergraduate and graduate courses; (b)
directing thesis and dissertation research; (c) conducting original
research and publication; (d) obtaining external funding to support a
strong research program; (e) advising undergraduate and graduate students;
and (f) performing department, college and institutional service.

The successful candidate should have the Ph.D. in hand by August 20, 2012.
He or she should have documented excellence or potential for excellence as
a teacher, researcher, advisor, and leader, and a strong commitment to
working collaboratively with other faculty members within the department.

To apply, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three
letters of recommendation, evidence of your past teaching performance or
teaching potential, a list of courses you are prepared to teach, and
samples of published or other written work to the application address
below. Electronic applications may be submitted to
linguistics at austin.utexas.edu. Screening of all application materials will
begin November 15, 2011, although applications will be accepted until the
position is filled. For inquires regarding this position, please email
Richard P. Meier, Chair, at rmeier at austin.utexas.edu.

This position is pending budgetary approval. A background check will be
conducted on the successful applicant. The University of Texas at Austin is
an AA/EEO employer.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics
	University of Texas at Austin