22.3805, Qs: Survey: Language Learning Beliefs

Thu Sep 29 16:14:45 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3805. Thu Sep 29 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3805, Qs: Survey: Language Learning Beliefs

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Zac Smith <zac at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Sep-2011
From: Ron Peek [ronpeeknl at yahoo.com]
Subject: Survey: Language Learning Beliefs

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:14:03
From: Ron Peek [ronpeeknl at yahoo.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3805.html&submissionid=4532921&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Hello,

My name is Ron Peek and I am a PhD student in the Department of
Applied Linguistics and Communication, Birkbeck, University of London,
UK, supervised by Professor Jean-Marc Dewaele.

My PhD research investigates the effect of language learning
experience on language learning beliefs. To this end, I have devised,
piloted and revised an online instrument - the Language Learning
Beliefs Survey (LLBS) - which is now ready for use.

Here is the link to access the survey: http://ronpeek.com/lime/index.php

If you know of anyone else (friends, family, colleagues, students, etc.)
who might also want to complete the survey and who is interested in
finding out more about their own language learning beliefs, then please
feel free to forward the survey link. I am looking for participants (16
years and older) whose language repertoires range from one or two
languages, to three, four or five, to those with six, seven or even more.

Please note: the study has received the required ethical approval and
all replies will remain anonymous and confidential. No IP addresses will
be saved.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance for your help,

Ron Peek

PhD Student
Department of Applied Linguistics and Communication,
School of Social Sciences, History & Philosophy
Birkbeck, University of London
www.ronpeek.blogspot.com
ronpeeknl at yahoo.com

                     Language Acquisition