22.3810, Jobs: Theoretical/Experimental/Comp Ling: Asst Prof, U of Michigan

Thu Sep 29 19:51:58 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3810. Thu Sep 29 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3810, Jobs: Theoretical/Experimental/Comp Ling: Asst Prof, U of Michigan

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 29-Sep-2011
From: Patrice Beddor [beddor at umich.edu]
Subject: Theoretical/Experimental/Computational Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Michigan, USA

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:50:42
From: Patrice Beddor [beddor at umich.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3810.html&submissionid=4532961&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Michigan
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Experimental Linguistics; Theoretical Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, invites
applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level, beginning
September 1, 2012. We seek outstanding applicants who employ experimental
and/or computational methods in investigating phonological, phonetic,
morphological, syntactic, or semantic theory, or some combination of these. A
Ph.D. by the start of the appointment is required.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a statement
of current and future research plans and a statement of teaching philosophy and
experience, one or more representative publications or other writings, and
evidence of teaching excellence, and should arrange to have three letters of
recommendation sent.

Applications, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted
electronically to the following address: Michigan-Linguistics at umich.edu. Please
include the following information in your email SUBJECT line: Last name First
name with one space between the names. Questions should be addressed to
the search committee chair, Professor Patrice Beddor (beddor at umich.edu).

Review of dossiers will begin on November 1; applications received after
November 1 may not receive full consideration.

The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply; the University is supportive of
the needs of dual-career couples.

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: Michigan-Linguistics at umich.edu
Contact Information: