23.3250, Calls: Cognitive Sci, Ling Theories, History of Ling/Canada

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 1 14:13:38 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3250. Wed Aug 01 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3250, Calls: Cognitive Sci, Ling Theories, History of Ling/Canada

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:12:01
From: John Newman [john.newman at ualberta.ca]
Subject: 12th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3250.html&submissionid=4550901&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 12th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference
Short Title: ICLC-12

Date: 23-Jun-2013 - 28-Jun-2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact Person: Sally Rice
Meeting Email: iclc2013 at ualberta.ca
Web Site: http://www.foa.ualberta.ca/iclc2013

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; History of Linguistics; Linguistic Theories

Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2012

Meeting Description:

The overall theme of ICLC-12 is 'Cognitive Linguistics at 25', with three sub-themes:

Looking Back: We take stock of the past 25 years in cognitive linguistics. The year 2013 marks nearly 25 years since the 1989 Duisburg conference that solidified the cognitive linguistics approach, reified it in name, and established the journal, Cognitive Linguistics.

Looking Forward: We consider the next generation of cognitive linguistics research.

Looking Outward: We look to understudied populations and applications, particularly in regard to endangered languages and signed languages.

Plenary Speakers:

Joan Bybee, University of New Mexico
Nick Evans, Australian National University
Ron Langacker, University of California, San Diego
Elena Lieven, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig
Hongyin Tao, University of California, Los Angeles
Ulrike Zeshan, University of Central Lancashire

2nd Call for Papers:

See conference homepage for details on preparing abstracts for ICLC-12:

http://www.foa.ualberta.ca/iclc2013

Abstracts for General (Parallel) Sessions may be submitted from August 1, 2012 - November 1, 2012 through Easy Abstracts:

http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/iclc2013

Theme Sessions:

Theme Session Organizers: We encourage theme session organizers to submit theme session titles and proposals for either 6-hour sessions (Sunday) or 3-hour sessions (Monday or Thursday nights) directly to the conference organizers. Please include a title, brief abstract of the theme session (up to 500 words), the names of at least some of the papers and the presenters, and whether a 6-hour or 3-hour session in planned. There is a possibility that an intended theme session paper might be rejected. Organizers should request that their participants mention the title of the theme session in a subtitle when they submit their abstracts (since Easy Abstracts doesn't allow a choice beyond paper or poster). The deadline for organizers to submit proposals for Theme Sessions is September 15, 2012. Decisions on Theme Sessions will be made by September 20, 2012.

Theme Session Presenters:  Abstracts for individual papers will still need to be submitted blind for our reviewers through Easy Abstracts. The submission period for Theme Session abstracts is September 20 - November 1, 2012.