23.3301, Jobs: Comp Ling: Linguistic Data Manager, Basis Technology Corp.

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 3 19:10:20 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3301. Fri Aug 03 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3301, Jobs: Comp Ling: Linguistic Data Manager, Basis Technology Corp.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:09:41
From: Basis Technology [jobs-eng at basistech.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Data Manager, Basis Technology Corp. , Massachusetts, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3301.html&submissionid=4551121&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Basis Technology Corp.
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.basistech.com
Job Rank: Linguistic Data Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Basis Technology is looking for a Linguistic Data Manager to play a
key role in ensuring the high quality of our products. In this position,
you will work with top notch players in the field of Natural Language
Processing (NLP) technology to build models from large amounts of
data in different languages and genres, through statistical analysis
and machine learning. You will have the important task of facilitating
the acquisition, evaluation, and maintenance of this data, as well as
overseeing others in the annotation of the data per our guidelines.

Responsibilities:
-  Lead linguistic data management across the organization,
including collection, annotation, documentation, dissemination,
revision, evaluation and expiration
-  Oversee annotation guidelines in collaboration with business,
technical and annotation stakeholders
-  Collaborate with product/research teams to define and fulfill
linguistic data needs
-  Join infrastructure team to define and evaluate tools for managing
linguistic data (e.g., third-party annotation tools)
-  Work with legal department to ensure compliance with data
copyrights and licenses
-  Hire and manage part-time multilingual staff of annotators, possibly
including use of crowdsourcing (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk)

Qualifications:
-  Master's or Bachelor's degree in language related discipline (e.g.,
linguistics, specific languages)
-  3-5 years related experience
-  Record of success in coordinating team based projects
-  Familiarity with command line scripting and version control
systems
-  Comfort with statistical measurements of data quality
-  Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities and
manage time effectively
-  Excellent verbal and written communication skills

How to Apply:
Please send cover letters, resumes and inquiries to: jobs-
eng at basistech.com with "Linguistic Data Manager" in the subject
line.

Basis Technology is the leading provider of software solutions for
multilingual text analytics, identity resolution, and digital forensics.
The company's solutions are used by leading technology companies
and government organizations to improve the accuracy of
information retrieval, text mining and other applications through
advanced linguistics and digital forensics.

At Basis Technology you will find a diverse team of people dedicated
to the success of our company, our customers, and our employees.
Our reputation is built on a foundation of excellence, and we judge
ourselves based on our customers' success. We deliver on our
commitments, respond to our customers' needs, and do not promise
what we cannot deliver.

Our employees enjoy a multicultural, multilingual, and fun
environment where creativity, learning, and respect are encouraged.
Basis Technology is an equal opportunity employer.

We are located in Cambridge, MA (near the Alewife T stop). The
company offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.

Email Address for Applications: jobs-eng at basistech.com
Contact Information:
	Basis Technology
	Email: jobs-eng at basistech.com