23.3339, Jobs: Comp Ling; NLP: Associate Research Scientist, ETS (Educational Testing Service)

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 8 14:51:39 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3339. Wed Aug 08 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3339, Jobs: Comp Ling; NLP: Associate Research Scientist, ETS (Educational Testing Service)

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:50:56
From: Human Resources [none at given.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Scientist, ETS (Educational Testing Service), New Jersey, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3339.html&submissionid=4550721&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: ETS (Educational Testing Service)
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Job Rank: Associate Research Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Research Scientist- NLP

ETS (Educational Testing Service), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a
global $1.3B not for profit organization. Our mission is to advance quality and
equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments, performing
educational research and influencing policies that promote learning,
performance, education and professional development. As a nonprofit
corporation and an innovator in developing tests for clients in education,
government and business, we are dedicated to advancing educational
excellence for the communities we serve.

The goal of our Research & Development Division is to make fundamental
contributions to the progress of education worldwide through educational
research and analysis, fair and valid assessments, innovative product
development and informative policy studies.

Our Research Scientists provide scientific and technical skills in
conceptualizing, designing, obtaining support for, conducting, and managing
research projects and/or development projects, particularly those for which
scientific principles are applied to the creation of tools to improve the
efficiency or quality of the practice of test development or statistical analysis;
new item types; the scoring of responses to open-ended items; and
innovative assessment prototypes or products.

Job Requirements:
Currently, we are recruiting for Scientists for the position of Associate
Research Scientist, NLP, Job ID:124335.

Education:
Ph.D. in Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics, Computer
Science or Electrical Engineering, with strong emphasis on NLP technology
and preferably some education in linguistics is required.

Experience:
Evidence of substantive research experience and/or experience in developing
and deploying NLP capabilities is required. Demonstrable contributions to new
and/or modified theories of NLP and their implementation in automated
systems are required. Demonstrable and practical expertise with NLP tools
and fluency in at least one major programming language (e.g. java, perl,
c/c++, python) is also required. Familiarity with the application of NLP tools
to educational problems, and a very strong statistical background and a solid
experience with machine learning algorithms would be an asset.

For more information about ETS, and Research & Development, please visit
us at www.ets.org and search on the following job ID #s: 124335. ETS is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kpdb443

Application Deadline: 23-Jan-2013

Web Address for Applications: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kpdb443
Contact Information: