23.3482, Confs: Sociolinguistics/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 21 14:46:51 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3482. Tue Aug 21 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3482, Confs: Sociolinguistics/USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Xiyan Wang <xiyan at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:45:16
From: Manuel Diaz-Campos [mdiazcam at indiana.edu]
Subject: New Ways of Analyzing Variation

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3482.html&submissionid=4551943&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

New Ways of Analyzing Variation
Short Title: NWAV 41

Date: 25-Oct-2012 - 28-Oct-2012
Location: Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Contact: Manuel Diaz-Campos
Contact Email: nwav41 at indiana.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.indiana.edu/~nwav41/

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

New Ways of Analyzing Variation 41 will be held in Bloomington at Indiana University on October 25-28, 2012.

Invited Speakers:

Norma Mendoza-Denton
Dennis R. Preston
Sali Tagliamonte

Now that the fall semester is upon us,  we thought we would remind you of some important information about the upcoming NWAV conference.

1. Registration for the workshops and the conference is now open at:

http://www.indiana.edu/~nwav41/registration.shtml

The deadline for discounted registration fees is October 1. However, we would like to encourage all of you to register early, especially if you are planning to attend one or two workshops.

2. Due to the need to arrange ASL interpretation services, the deadline for registration for anyone requesting such services has been set for September 4.

3. We strongly encourage you to make hotel reservations early. Fall is a very busy season in southern Indiana and hotel rooms tend to sell out quickly. Please note that the blocks of rooms that have reserved for NWAV participants will be released to the general public on September 24.

4. Please note that the business meeting will take place on Sunday morning (8-9). While we realize that this may be a less optimal time than lunch time on Saturday, this was the best solution for allowing both the tribute to Gillian on Saturday and the business meeting.