23.5088, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Socioling, Anthropological Ling, Ling & Lit/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 5 17:58:07 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-5088. Wed Dec 05 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.5088, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Socioling, Anthropological Ling, Ling & Lit/USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:57:44
From: Erin Vobornik [mcllm at niu.edu]
Subject: Midwestern Conference on Literature, Language, and Media

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-5088.html&submissionid=5208200&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Midwestern Conference on Literature, Language, and Media
Short Title: MCLLM

Date: 22-Mar-2013 - 23-Mar-2013
Location: DeKalb, Illinois, USA
Contact Person: Erin Vobornik
Meeting Email: mcllm at niu.edu
Web Site: http://rpcatherwood.wix.com/mcllm

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 30-Jan-2013

Meeting Description:

Northern Illinois University is proud to host the 21st annual Midwestern Conference on Literature, Language, and Media.

This conference theme is inspired by the work of our keynote speaker, Hillary Chute, Neubauer Family Assistant Professor at the University of Chicago and Faculty Fellow at the Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality. Author of Graphic Women: Life Narrative and Contemporary Comics and associate editor of Art Spiegelman’s MetaMaus, Chute is a critical authority on graphic narrative. She identifies her specific interest ‘in the relationships between word and image, fiction and nonfiction that we see in contemporary comic.’

Dr. Chute will deliver her keynote address on the evening of March 22 following a dinner reception. Reception tickets may be purchased at time of registration.

Call for Papers:

We invite proposals for fifteen-minute papers from scholars at all stages of their careers. MCLLM encourages individual or panel papers on any aspect of literature, language, media, or culture as well as creative writing and pedagogical approaches. Proposals might address intersections between visual and print mediums; visual developments in linguistics; work in and with 'new media,' including film studies; and other treatments of the theme.

Please submit your one-page proposal to mcllm at niu.edu by January 30, 2013.