23.5255, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Consultant, Yukon Government, Whitehorse

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 14 18:51:06 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-5255. Fri Dec 14 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.5255, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Consultant, Yukon Government, Whitehorse

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:50:43
From: Janet McDonald [janet.mcdonald at gov.yk.ca]
Subject: Language Acquisition: Consultant, Yukon Government, Whitehorse, YT, Canada

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-5255.html&submissionid=5599636&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Yukon Government
Job Location: Whitehorse, YT, Canada
Web Address: http://www.employment.gov.yk.ca
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

A unique and exciting opportunity to revitalize First Nations languages

Locations: Whitehorse
Closing date: December 31, 2012
Requisition: #1543
Salary: $76,820 to $88,809 per annum

Your dedication to revitalizing Yukon First Nations languages will be front
and centre as part of a developing team with the First Nations Programs and
Partnerships Unit. Collaborative and innovative, you will use best research
practices and the latest technology to support committed language teachers in
eight First Nations languages. This is an exciting time for this program and
this position, as you'll be involved in creating a language curriculum
framework, along with print and digital language resources.

Equipped with a Master's degree and studies in second language acquisition
theory and methods, you have vital experience in designing, developing,
implementing and evaluating K-12 language programs and resource materials, as
well as work with First Nations cultures, languages, perspectives, values and
history.

Consultative, collaborative and open to building relationships, you are able
to analyze and synthesize issues and ideas, and your organizational,
evaluation and writing skills will be key to producing top-notch results while
multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.

You must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass a security
clearance. You can also expect to travel inside and outside the territory.

Please note that approved candidates will not be provided reimbursement of
interview/relocation expenses, if required, in accordance with the Interview &
Relocation Expense Directive.

We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the
people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to
extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse
opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of
community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set
in a spectacular natural environment.

For more information, please visit our website or contact Janet McDonald at
the contact information below.

To apply, please visit our website at the application URL below.

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2012

Web Address for Applications: http://www.employment.gov.yk.ca
Contact Information:
	Janet McDonald