23.5371, Support: Cognitive Science, Comp Ling, Psycholing: PhD Student, Queen Mary, University of London, UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 20 16:16:12 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-5371. Thu Dec 20 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.5371, Support: Cognitive Science, Comp Ling, Psycholing: PhD Student, Queen Mary, University of London, UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:15:52
From: Matthew Purver [m.purver at qmul.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-5371.html&submissionid=5861270&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
 Institution/Organization: Queen Mary, University of London
Department: Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Web Address: http://www.mat.qmul.ac.uk/

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Psycholinguistics

PhD and MSc Positions: Media & Arts Technology Programme.
An RCUK Centre for Doctoral Training. Queen Mary University of London.

Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarships Available for September 2013
To apply : http://www.mat.qmul.ac.uk
More information: Richard Kelly, mat-enquiries at eecs.qmul.ac.uk

For 2013 entry we especially welcome applicants with interests in:
- computational linguistics, psychology and cognitive science
- media content, semantics and narrative for music, audio, video
- social computing
- interactive art and architecture

Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the UK's leading research
universities and is located at the heart of Europe's largest concentration of
creative industries. We run an innovative four-year inter-disciplinary
training programme in the science and technologies that are transforming the
creative sector. Our aim is to produce MSc and PhD graduates who combine
world-class technical and creative skills and who have a unique vision of how
digital technology transforms creative possibilities, cultural experiences and
social economies.

PhD and MSc places for entry in September 2013 have now been released. We are
offering at least 12 fully funded PhD scholarships (circa £15,800 p.a.
including all fees) for direct entry to the PhD programme. Limited bursaries
are also available for the MSc and outstanding students on the
MSc may be eligible to transfer to a funded place on the PhD programme at the
end of their first year.

Deadline for applications is January 31st 2013.

You must be able to demonstrate academic achievement at the level of a first
class honours degree and excellent critical and analytic skills. You should
also be able to demonstrate a clear aptitude for interdisciplinary research
and programming or mathematical ability. We welcome applicants with strong
backgrounds in architecture, cognitive science, computer science, electronic
engineering, interactive multimedia technologies, industrial design,
psychology, or cognate disciplines.

You will also develop a working partnership with one of our strategic
collaborators including: BBC, BT, Furtherfield, The Barbican, V+A, Cinimod
Studios, Vitamins Design, Illustrious, Inition, last.fm,
leanmeanfightingmachine, Meridian Auido, Orange, Proctor and Gamble, Seeper,
Troika, [space], The Union Chapel, United Visual Artists, V2_, Wildpalm,
Smartlab, The Science Museum, Culturelab, University of Newcastle.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2013

Web Address for Applications: http://www.mat.qmul.ac.uk/howtoapply.html

Contact Information:
	Mr Richard Kelly