23.522, FYI: Call: Cognitive Linguistics in Practice

Wed Feb 1 18:50:45 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-522. Wed Feb 01 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.522, FYI: Call: Cognitive Linguistics in Practice

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Feb-2012
From: Paul Peranteau [paul at benjamins.com]
Subject: Call: Cognitive Linguistics in Practice

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:50:31
From: Paul Peranteau [paul at benjamins.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-522.html&submissionid=4539992&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Call for Proposals

Cognitive Linguistics in Practice (CLiP) is a text book series published
by John Benjamins Press that introduces students of language and
linguistics and scholars from neighboring disciplines to established and
emergent trends and fields in cognitive-linguistic research and
teaching. The books in the series are written in an attractive, reader-
friendly, and self-explanatory style. They include assignments and
have been tested for undergraduate and graduate student use at
university level.

We welcome submissions of proposals for the CLiP series. Possible
topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

- discourse analysis
- language development and change
- morphology
- second language acquisition
- second/foreign language teaching
- semantics -  meaning in the broad sense
- sociolinguistics
- stylistics
- typology
- methodology - possibly in combination with one of the above topics

Information about CliP's editorial board and previously published
volumes can be found here:

http://benjamins.com/#catalog/books/clip/main.

Further questions about the series and book proposals can be sent to
the series editors, Carita Paradis (Carita.Paradis at englund.lu.se) and
Stefanie Wulff (stefanie.wulff at unt.edu).

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science