23.778, Qs: Native English Speaker Survey: Irony Comprehension

Thu Feb 16 15:45:39 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-778. Thu Feb 16 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.778, Qs: Native English Speaker Survey: Irony Comprehension

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Zac Smith <zac at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Feb-2012
From: Sylwia Hermaszewska [lukasz.hermaszewski at gmail.com]

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:45:18
From: Sylwia Hermaszewska [lukasz.hermaszewski at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-778.html&submissionid=4540725&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Hello Linguists!
I am a student at Adam Mickiewicz University looking for volunteers
who would like to help me and answer a questionnaire for me. The age
limit is 20-40 and the participants should be native speakers of English.
Link below:

http://www.test_ironia.republika.pl/exam.html

It will take only 15 minutes to perform.

My thesis concerns irony comprehension and reaction time connected
with processing the irony. I need to know whether the sentences are
ironic or not in the questionnaire. The sentences will be used in my
research.

Thank you for your help
Sylwia Hermaszewska
Adam Mickiewicz University