23.798, Jobs: Phonology or Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota

Fri Feb 17 01:25:30 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-798. Thu Feb 16 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.798, Jobs: Phonology or Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 16-Feb-2012
From: Hooi Ling Soh [sohxx001 at umn.edu]
Subject: Phonology or Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota, MN, USA

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:21:19
From: Hooi Ling Soh [sohxx001 at umn.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-798.html&submissionid=4540978&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Minnesota
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Minnesota, USA
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonology; Syntax

The Linguistics Program in the Institute of Linguistics at the University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant
Professor position, with specialization in phonological theory or syntactic
theory, approached from a cognitive/biological perspective. A PhD in
Linguistics is required. The appointment is expected to begin fall semester
2012 (August 27, 2012).

The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in research
and evidence of, or potential for, successful teaching at the University level,
both undergraduate and graduate. A secondary specialization in one or
more of the following: neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics (including
language acquisition), or computational linguistics is highly desirable.

Applicants should submit (1) a letter of application; (2) curriculum vitae; (3)
research paper(s) (2 max); and (4) evidence of teaching ability, at the
following application URL:
http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=100843

In addition to the materials mentioned above, applicants should arrange to
have 3 letters of recommendation mailed directly to the search committee at
the address below.

The committee will begin reviewing applications on March 2, 2012. The
position is open until filled.

 The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Search Committee
	Institute of Linguistics
	University of Minnesota
	S205 Elliott Hall, 75 East River Parkway
	Minneapolis, MN 55455
	USA
Web Address for Applications: http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=100843
Contact Information: