23.809, Jobs: NLP: Research Scientist, Language Computer Corporation

Fri Feb 17 17:58:38 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-809. Fri Feb 17 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.809, Jobs: NLP: Research Scientist, Language Computer Corporation

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 16-Feb-2012
From: Jesse Plymale [jobs2012 at languagecomputer.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Research Scientist, Language Computer Corporation, Texas, USA

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:57:51
From: Jesse Plymale [jobs2012 at languagecomputer.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-809.html&submissionid=4540969&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Language Computer Corporation
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.languagecomputer.com/
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Natural Language Processing

We are seeking a Ph.D-level research scientist for R&D in natural language
processing and retrieval. Successful candidate will manage all aspects of
research including proposal writing, conducting novel research, reporting,
presenting, and publishing. Candidate will also work with a team of
researchers and engineers to improve existing products and develop brand
new technologies.

Requirements:
-  Ph.D in NLP or a related discipline, such as computational linguistics,
machine learning, or artificial intelligence
-  Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and
journals
-  Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and
intelligence to advance it
-  Leadership abilities necessary to head projects
-  Strong programming skills

Desirable Qualities:
-  BS or MS in Computer Science
-  Industry R&D experience
-  Expertise in Machine Learning and Bayesian modeling
-  Experience programming in the Java platform

Language Computer Corporation (LCC) is a privately-owned company committed
to the development of next-generation natural language processing
technologies. Since our founding in 1995, we've provided both government
and commercial customers with intelligent, semantically-informed search and
discovery software. We unlock value by creating tools that actually
understand the information in large collections of text.

Please submit your resume and a 1 page statement detailing the advances you
have made to your field.

Email Address for Applications: jobs2012 at languagecomputer.com
Contact Information:
	Jesse Plymale