23.861, Qs: Arabic Transcriptions and Word Frequency

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 20 18:02:07 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-861. Mon Feb 20 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.861, Qs: Arabic Transcriptions and Word Frequency

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
       <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://qc.linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Zac Smith <zac at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Feb-2012
From: Christophe dos Santos [christophe.dossantos at univ-tours.fr]
Subject: Arabic Transcriptions and Word Frequency

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:11:00
From: Christophe dos Santos [christophe.dossantos at univ-tours.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-861.html&submissionid=4540935&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear all,

For a new project on language acquisition in different languages, we
tried to find two sets of data for each language:

1- IPA transcription of all the words of the language
2- Frequency of each word of the language

We succeeded to find it for most of the languages under study, except
for Arabic.

If you know or use such a database/dictionary for Arabic, we will be
very happy if you can tell us which one. It will definitely be very helpful
for our research purpose.

We thank you in advance.

With kinds regards,

Sophie Kern