23.901, Jobs: Frequency Effects in Language: PhD Scholarships, Albert-Ludwigs-U

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 22 17:02:31 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-901. Wed Feb 22 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.901, Jobs: Frequency Effects in Language: PhD Scholarships, Albert-Ludwigs-U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
       <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://qc.linguistlist.org

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 21-Feb-2012
From: Monika Schulz [Monika.Schulz at hpsl.uni-freiburg.de]
Subject: Frequency Effects in Language: 8 PhD Scholarships, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg, Germany

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:59:02
From: Monika Schulz [Monika.Schulz at hpsl.uni-freiburg.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-901.html&submissionid=4541226&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
Department: Research training group "frequency effects"
Job Location: Freiburg, Germany
Web Address: http://frequenz.uni-freiburg.de
Job Rank: 8 PhD Scholarships

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Frequency Effects in Language

The University of Freiburg, one of Germany's Universities of Excellence,
invites applications for 8 fully-funded Ph.D. scholarships on the topic of
frequency effects in language, beginning no earlier than October 1, 2012, and
no later than March 1, 2013. Successful applicants will be members of the
Research Training Group on "Frequency effects in language"
(Graduiertenkolleg GRK 1624/1) funded by the German Research
Foundation (DFG).

Frequency is assumed to be a possible determinant in usage-based models
of language change, language acquisition and language processing. In the
Ph.D. projects this determinant will be investigated with a view both to its
explanatory potential and its limitations. The envisaged research combines
quantitative approaches to language with cognitivist-psycholinguistic
approaches and is empirically based on experimental and corpus data for
standard and non-standard varieties of different languages.

We offer a high-profile research environment, an interdisciplinary teaching
programme, a full grant of 13,200 EUR per annum for a period of up to 3
years, and additional grants covering travel and research expenses.

Application Deadline: 15-Apr-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Monika Schulz
	Graduiertenkolleg DFG 1624/1 "Frequenzeffekte in der Sprache"
	Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
	Starkenstr. 44
	D-79104 Freiburg
	Germany