23.922, FYI: Endangered Language Fund: Language Legacies Grants

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 23 19:02:06 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-922. Thu Feb 23 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.922, FYI: Endangered Language Fund: Language Legacies Grants

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
       <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://qc.linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 23-Feb-2012
From: Alice Nicholls [alice.nicholls89 at gmail.com]

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:12:56
From: Alice Nicholls [alice.nicholls89 at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-922.html&submissionid=4541376&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Endangered Language Fund will be collecting proposals for our
annual Language Legacies grant program. The Language Legacies
grant program supports language documentation and revitalization
efforts throughout the world. It is open to community members,
language activists, and academic researchers from any country. Grants
awarded are for one year and average around $2,500 (US).

The deadline for applications is April 20, 2012. For more information
about the RFP, please visit:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/request.php

In addition to our long-standing Bill Bright Award, we are pleased to
announce another special emphasis grant, the Charles R. Isenberg
Award for the Documentation of Languages of the Former Soviet
Union, named for the late Charles R. Isenberg (1944-1997), a
professor of Russian literature at Wesleyan University and Reed
College. The award will support documentation and maintenance of
languages spoken in the former Soviet Union. We also encourage
young people to find creative new ways to use their traditional
languages, including incorporating them into arts projects including
fiction, playwriting, music composition, and performance art. All
proposals for work on languages in the former Soviet Union will
automatically be considered for this award.

Thank you,

Alice Nicholls (Endangered Language Fund)

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/