23.937, Jobs: Portuguese; Italian; Comp Ling; NLP: Computational Linguist, NetBase Solutions, Inc.

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 24 16:02:06 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-937. Fri Feb 24 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.937, Jobs: Portuguese; Italian; Comp Ling; NLP: Computational Linguist, NetBase Solutions, Inc.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 22-Feb-2012
From: Steve Winters [swinters at netbase.com]
Subject: Portuguese; Italian; Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Computational Linguist, NetBase Solutions, Inc., CA, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:03:11
From: Steve Winters [swinters at netbase.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-937.html&submissionid=4541329&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: NetBase Solutions, Inc.
Department: NLP Group
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.netbase.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): Italian (ita)
                      Portuguese (por)

Location: Mountain View, CA, USA (for US citizens and others with a US
work authorization); EU citizens can be considered for an initial period of 6-
12 months as interns/trainees on a J-1 visa in Mountain View followed by
full-time employment in or near Heidelberg, Germany.

Want to join a winning team in transforming the world of consumer insight
research? We are seeking one or two computational linguists to be part of
our NLP development team to extend our insight extraction system to
Italian and Portuguese.

This job involves developing and running test scripts on large content sets
for grammar validation (stemming, part of speech tagging and parsing). You
will also develop and debug a rules-based system for extracting information
relevant to consumer opinions about brands and products.

Requirements:
-  Native or near-native fluency in Italian and/or Portuguese
-  Solid work proficiency in English
-  Experience using a scripting language such as Python
-  Familiarity with development and debugging in a software development
environment
-  BA in Computational Linguistics or a related field; MA or PhD preferred
-  Willingness to relocate to Mountain View, CA and/or Heidelberg,
Germany

Preferred skills:
-  Experience with Java programming
-  Experience with developing computational grammars and/or lexicons

Compensation depends on background and experience. The position also
features the benefits of working for a fast-moving start-up company,
including a small team environment and stock options.

Location: Mountain View, CA, potentially followed by Heidelberg, Germany

Send your resume and cover letter via email to team at netbase.com with
the subject line 'Computational Linguist'.

Email Address for Applications: team at netbase.com
Contact Information:
	VP Engineering & Operations Steve Winters
	Email: swinters at netbase.com