23.945, Jobs: Chinese Linguistics: Assoc Prof, The Hong Kong Institute of Education

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 24 17:02:01 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-945. Fri Feb 24 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.945, Jobs: Chinese Linguistics: Assoc Prof, The Hong Kong Institute of Education

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 24-Feb-2012
From:  Li [hro at ied.edu.hk]
Subject: Chinese Linguistics: Associate Professor, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, Tai Po, Hong Kong

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:35:07
From:  Li [hro at ied.edu.hk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-945.html&submissionid=4541407&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Hong Kong Institute of Education
Department: Faculty of Languages
Job Location: Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://www.ied.edu.hk
Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

The Hong Kong Institute of Education is a publicly funded institution
offering a full range of academic programmes at doctoral, master, bachelor
and postgraduate diploma levels as well as other professional development
programmes to over 8,000 students, serving teachers and professionals
studying in education and related humanities, social sciences, and arts and
culture disciplines. With the Hong Kong SAR Government's support for the
Institute to develop into an Education-focused, multidisciplinary institution
with strong research capacity, and in line with the Institute's plan to become
a University of Education, we continue to strengthen our capacity in new
discipline areas.

Through our research, the Institute aspires to become a leading agent of
change for education and public policies in the Asia Pacific region. Our
vision is clearly focused on innovative, world-class research and
development that contributes to solving problems and addressing public
policy issues locally and globally. Collaboration, intellectual freedom and
innovation are our hallmark values. If you are excited by the prospect of
contributing your expertise to the development of a leading multidisciplinary
institution at the heart of East Asia, we would like to hear from you.

The Institute invites applications for the following posts:
Associate Professor (Linguistics)
(Ref: AssoProf/LING/FLAN/0212)
Faculty of Languages

The Faculty is seeking academics excited by the prospect of contributing
their expertise in the area of Linguistics. The appointee will participate in
teaching, research, knowledge transfer and community service. He/She is
required to be actively involved in research that leads to publications in
recognized refereed journals; develop and teach in programmes at both the
undergraduate and postgraduate levels; give guidance to students in the
capacity of academic adviser; supervise students on teaching practice and
contribute to faculty/departmental activities and management.

Applicants should have a doctoral degree in the discipline of Chinese
Linguistics, areas of specialization include one or more of the followings:
syntax, semantics, discourse, and pragmatics, plus a substantial and
successful record of publications in the field and the ability to obtain external
grants. Applicants with less substantial relevant experience may be
considered for the rank of Assistant Professor or Lecturer.

Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract.
Fringe benefits include leave, medical and dental benefits and, where
applicable, housing benefits.

Application Forms are obtainable from (a)
http://www.ied.edu.hk/hro/applyfor.htm; or (b) the Human Resources Office
(address below). The completed Application Form, together with full CV,
should be sent to the Human Resources Office by email to the application
email address below, by fax (number below, or by post to the application
address below on or before 9 March 2012. Please quote the reference
number of the position in the application and mark "Strictly Confidential -
Job Application" on the envelope.

All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only those who are
shortlisted will be contacted.

Further information about the Institute is available at http://www.ied.edu.hk.

HKIEd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.

Application Deadline: 09-Mar-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Human Resources Office
	3/F, Administration Building