23.948, Jobs: Comp Ling; Information Extraction: Researcher/PhD Student, U of Zurich

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 24 17:02:32 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-948. Fri Feb 24 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.948, Jobs: Comp Ling; Information Extraction: Researcher/PhD Student, U of Zurich

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 24-Feb-2012
From: Fabio Rinaldi [fabio.rinaldi at uzh.ch]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Information Extraction: Researcher/PhD Student, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:57:50
From: Fabio Rinaldi [fabio.rinaldi at uzh.ch]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-948.html&submissionid=4541445&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Zurich
Department: Institute of Computational Linguistics
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.cl.uzh.ch/
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Information Extraction; Text Mining

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)

The Institute of Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich is
looking for a PhD student to carry out research in Information Extraction
and Text Mining with applications in the biomedical domain and in the
banking domain.

Qualifications:
-  Master degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science or a
related field
-  Languages: good command of English and German
-  Good programming skills
-  Experience with Information Extraction, Text Mining or Question
Answering is a plus

The PhD student will be expected to work closely with the members of the
OntoGene team (http://www.ontogene.org/) on:
-  Automated Processing of scientific publications and software requests
-  Requirement analysis for applications in the domain of banking software
-  Developing novel Information Extraction strategies

Benefits:
-  Salary according to the Swiss National Science Foundation rules (41,000
CHF - 47,000 CHF annually)
-  Additional earnings through teaching assignments possible
-  Support for conference and summer school attendance
-  Small and enthusiastic team
-  High standard of living in one of the most attractive European cities:
Zurich

Supervisors: Dr Fabio Rinaldi, Prof. Martin Volk

The position can be filled immediately and has secured funding for 24
months (funds for a 3rd year pending but likely).

Please send (by email) your CV, your academic record and a short
statement of interest by March 10th, 2012 to Dr. Fabio Rinaldi at the email
address below.

Application Deadline: 10-Mar-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr Fabio Rinaldi