23.32, Jobs: Semantics: Lecturer, University of Massachusetts Amherst

Tue Jan 3 21:02:49 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-32. Tue Jan 03 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.32, Jobs: Semantics: Lecturer, University of Massachusetts Amherst

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 03-Jan-2012
From: Sarah Vega-Liros [sarahv at linguist.umass.edu]
Subject: Semantics: Lecturer, University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA

Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:02:08
From: Sarah Vega-Liros [sarahv at linguist.umass.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-32.html&submissionid=4538447&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.umass.edu/linguist/
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Semantics

The Linguistics Department of the University of Massachusetts Amherst
invites applications for a one-year Lecturer position in Semantic Theory,
starting September 1, 2012. Duties for this position include advising students,
pursuing independent research, participating in departmental research
initiatives and teaching one course each semester. We seek applicants with a
vibrant research program that complements the research interests of the
current Linguistics faculty.

Qualified applicants should have a Ph.D. in Linguistics by time of
appointment. Salary is $48,520.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, statement of research and
teaching interests, curriculum vitae, copies of research papers and three
letters of recommendation, in either electronic or hard copy form, to the
application email address or application address below.

Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2012 and continue until the
position is filled.

UMass Amherst is a member of the Academic Career Network, a resource for
dual-career couples (http://acn.fivecolleges.edu) and a member of the Five
College Consortium along with Amherst, Hampshire, Smith and Mt. Holyoke
Colleges. The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The Linguistics Department is committed
to increasing the diversity of the faculty, student body, and curriculum. Women
and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2012 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Semantics Search
	Department of Linguistics, 226 South College Bldg.
	University of Massachusetts
	150 Hicks Way
	Amherst, MA 01003-9274
	USA