23.391, Jobs: French; Spanish; Computational Linguistics: Linguist, VirtuOz

Tue Jan 24 15:30:16 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-391. Tue Jan 24 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.391, Jobs: French; Spanish; Computational Linguistics: Linguist, VirtuOz

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 22-Jan-2012
From: Jan Hayashi [jan.hayashi at comcast.net]
Subject: French; Spanish; Computational Linguistics: Linguist, VirtuOz, California, USA

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:25:02
From: Jan Hayashi [jan.hayashi at comcast.net]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-391.html&submissionid=4539468&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: VirtuOz
Department: Linguistics/Product Operations
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.virtuoz.com/
Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): French (fra)
                      Spanish (spa)

This position reports directly to a Linguistics Manager within our Paris
Linguistics team. The position will be responsible for creating and improving
the dictionary for existing and new languages, the optimization of grammar
rules, and the handling of the linguistic aspects of new customer projects.

Responsibilities:
-  Contribute to English linguistics
*  Creating and improving the dictionary for English
*  Optimization of grammar rules
*  Handling of the linguistic aspects of new customer projects
*  Maintain English linguistics for existing English agents
-  Responsible for Spanish linguistics
*  Creating and improving the dictionary for Spanish
*  Optimization of grammar rules
*  Handling of the linguistic aspects of new customer projects
-  Participates in the recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, and mentoring of
linguists
-  Liaison with linguists in our Paris office, enabling effective on-time delivery
of linguistics knowledge within project and service mode processes

Requirements:
-  Bachelors in Computational Linguistics or related degree (or equivalent
work experience)
-  Minimum 3 years experience in dependency and unification grammar,
and also in semantics (management of ontologies) and syntax-semantics
interfaces
-  A blend of technology background, customer focus, and in quality
-  Experience with data mining and information retrieval
-  Working knowledge of XML and MySQL
-  Experience with at least one object-oriented programming language
-  High proficiency in French, English and Spanish communication skills,
both verbal and written
-  Strong problem solving and analytical skills
-  Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but confidence to
know when to ask for help

Email Address for Applications: jan.hayashi at comcast.net
Contact Information:
	Jan Hayashi