23.392, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; ESL: Asst/Assoc Prof, CUNY Hunter College

Tue Jan 24 15:34:31 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-392. Tue Jan 24 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.392, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; ESL: Asst/Assoc Prof, CUNY Hunter College

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 23-Jan-2012
From:  CUNY [Apply at ByMail.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; ESL: Assistant/Associate Professor, CUNY Hunter College, NY, USA

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:31:37
From:  CUNY [Apply at ByMail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-392.html&submissionid=4539507&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: CUNY Hunter College
Department: English
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; ESL

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Job ID:  5271
Full/Part Time:  Full-Time
Regular/Temporary:  Regular
FLSA:  Exempt

General Duties:
Performs teaching, research, and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise as
noted below. Shares responsibility for committee and department
assignments, performing administrative, supervisory, and other functions as
may be assigned.

Campus Specific Information:
The Department of English at Hunter College, City University of New York
(CUNY) invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate
Professor in Applied Linguistics/ESL to begin in Fall 2012. Candidates
should have strong records of scholarly research publication and effective
teaching experience in areas of applied linguistics. We are seeking an
experienced scholar who will maintain an active research agenda and who
will coordinate, develop, and teach our ESL course sequence, as well as
teach undergraduate and graduate courses in linguistics. Administrative
duties for the ESL program come with a reduced teaching load, and
oversight of the ESL summer program including summer salary. We are
strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity.

Minimum Qualifications:
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of expertise, or equivalent as noted below. Also
required are the ability to teach successfully, interest in productive
scholarship or creative achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for
the good of the institution.

Other Qualifications:
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics,
Educational Linguistics, TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, or closely
related field. Of particular interest are candidates whose experience,
research, and teaching focus are on one or more of the following areas:
phonetics, phonology, multilingualism, and urban immigrant language use.
Candidates should exhibit a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate
and graduate students from diverse cultural backgrounds.

Compensation:
Assistant Professor:  $42,873 - $74,133
Associate Professor:  $55,602 - $88,418
Commensurate with education, accomplishments and experience.

How to Apply:
Please submit a letter describing research and teaching interests and a
dossier, including a CV, writing sample, and three letters of
recommendation to the application address below.

Interviews will be held at the AAAL Conference in Boston on March 24-27,
2012.

Closing Date:
All materials must be received by February 17, 2012.

Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by
actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and
women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to
seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

http://hr.hunter.cuny.edu/jobs/facultyjobs.html#5271

Application Deadline: 17-Feb-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Angela Reyes
	Chair of the Applied Linguistics/ESL Search Committee
	Department of English, Hunter College, CUNY
	695 Park Ave
	New York, NY 10065
	USA
Contact Information