23.431, Jobs: NLP: Researcher, ETS (Educational Testing Service)

Fri Jan 27 20:31:40 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-431. Fri Jan 27 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.431, Jobs: NLP: Researcher, ETS (Educational Testing Service)

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 27-Jan-2012
From: Human Resources [none at given.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Researcher, ETS (Educational Testing Service), New Jersey, USA

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:30:27
From: Human Resources [none at given.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-431.html&submissionid=4539687&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: ETS (Educational Testing Service)
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: http://www.ets.org/
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Natural Language Processing

ETS (Educational Testing Service), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a
global $1.3B not for profit organization. Our mission is to advance quality
and equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments, performing
educational research and influencing policies that promote learning,
performance, education and professional development. As a nonprofit
corporation and an innovator in developing tests for clients in education,
government and business, we are dedicated to advancing educational
excellence for the communities we serve.

With more than 2,500 global employees worldwide, ETS develops,
administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually in more than
180 countries, at 9,000+ locations worldwide. In addition to assessments,
we conduct educational research, analysis and policy studies and develop
a variety of customized services and products for teacher certification,
English language learning and elementary, secondary and postsecondary
education.

We presently seeks a Research Associate to join our Research
Coordination and Support Group. In this role, you will provide support to
Research Scientists working on a branch of computer science and
computational linguistics known as Natural Language Processing (NLP).
Be prepared to assist with the management of resources across numerous
projects, lead communication efforts both internally and externally, and
participate in all phases of research projects, including research design,
project management, data collection and analysis. You will also be offered
the opportunity to collaborate with researchers in responding to external
requests for information, external grant applications, and with preparing
study results for publication or presentation.

Qualifications:
-  A Master's degree in linguistics, computer science, and/or natural
language processing (NLP)
-  At least four years of progressively responsible research experience in
linguistics or natural language processing
-  Ability to craft high-quality written communications for technical and non-
technical audiences
-  Experience managing a large number of concurrent projects

We offer a competitive salary and excellent compensation package
including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability
insurance, paid time off and an employee assistance program. Please
apply online at: http://ets.pereless.com/careers/index.cfm?fuseaction=83080.viewjobdetail&CID=83080&JID=122972&type=&cfcend

EOE

Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x3phq4b

Application Deadline: 27-Jul-2012