23.470, Qs: Worldwide Survey on Open Language Learning

Tue Jan 31 15:08:49 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-470. Tue Jan 31 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.470, Qs: Worldwide Survey on Open Language Learning

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Zac Smith <zac at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Jan-2012
From: Jozef Colpaert [jozef.colpaert at ua.ac.be]
Subject: Worldwide Survey on Open Language Learning

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:08:34
From: Jozef Colpaert [jozef.colpaert at ua.ac.be]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-470.html&submissionid=4539684&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

We would like to invite language teachers worldwide to fill in this Two-
Minute Survey on Open Language Learning:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DPJ689W.

This survey is part of a research project by Jozef Colpaert, University
of Antwerp, and Glenn Stockwell, Waseda University, Tokyo, aiming at
identifying factors which might impact on the use of Open Educational
Resources in the Language Learning and Teaching Community
worldwide.

Open Educational Resources (OER) can be defined as "digital
materials that can be re-used for teaching, learning, research and
more, made available for free through open licenses, which allow uses
of the materials that would not be easily permitted under copyright
alone" (www.wikipedia.org).

The results of this survey will be sent to all participants who provide
their email address. They will also be presented at the EuroCall SIG
meeting on Open Educational Resources in Bologna (29-30 March
2012), the XVth International CALL Research Conference in Taiwan
(25-27 May 2012), the CALICO 2012 conference at Notre Dame
University, and will be published in Computer Assisted Language
Learning. The data will also be made available as Open Research Data
for researchers worldwide.

We apologize for the fact that this survey is only available in English.
Please forward this invitation to as many language teachers as
possible.

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
                     Translation