23.497, Jobs: Pragmatics; Semantics: Visiting Assistant Prof, U of Rochester

Tue Jan 31 20:51:44 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-497. Tue Jan 31 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.497, Jobs: Pragmatics; Semantics: Visiting Assistant Prof, U of Rochester

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 31-Jan-2012
From: Joyce McDonough [joyce.mcdonough at rochester.edu]
Subject: Pragmatics; Semantics: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Rochester, NY, USA

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:49:06
From: Joyce McDonough [joyce.mcdonough at rochester.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-497.html&submissionid=4539928&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Rochester
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://ling.rochester.edu
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Pragmatics; Semantics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Rochester invites
applications for a one year non-tenure track appointment as a visiting
assistant professor to begin July 1, 2012; possibility of renewal. We seek
candidates with a proven record of research in formal pragmatics and
semantics, a record of excellence in teaching, and strong evidence of
interest in interdisciplinary work. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in hand
before the appointment starts. Duties include teaching established courses
in the undergraduate and graduate curriculum and working with graduate
students in allied fields such as experimental psychology and computer
science.

Excellence in teaching is required, and breadth of teaching interest is highly
desirable. The Department of Linguistics is part of a larger active
interdisciplinary community consisting of faculty and students doing
research in cognitive science, philosophy, computer science, and
neuroscience. We seek candidates who are likely to further those
connections. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.

Applicants should send a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, teaching
evaluations if possible, and arrange to have three letters of recommendation
sent to: Professor Joyce McDonough, c/o Carla Gottschalk
(linguistics at rochester.edu). Review of applications will begin on March 1,
2012 and continue until the position is filled.

The University of Rochester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has a
commitment to diversity and encourages applications from candidates from
groups underrepresented in higher education.

Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2012 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: linguistics at rochester.edu
Contact Information:
	Department Chair Joyce McDonough
	Email: joyce.mcdonough at rochester.edu