23.2910, FYI: All-New SpecGram (July 2012) Online

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 2 20:26:40 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2910. Mon Jul 02 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2910, FYI: All-New SpecGram (July 2012) Online

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 16:26:36
From: Trey Jones [Trey at SpecGram.com]
Subject: All-New SpecGram (July 2012) Online

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2910.html&submissionid=4549122&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Greetings Linguists!

The July 2012 issue of Speculative Grammarian--the premier scholarly
journal featuring research in the neglected field of satirical linguistics--
is now available online for your browsing pleasure.

    http://SpecGram.com/CLXV.1/

The editors and publishers of Speculative Grammarian are pleased to
announce that another issue of our august journal is now available.
This issue includes many excellent articles, including a report on
language death by speaker rejection and the continued resurgence of
things you didn't know you didn't know—along with the usual collection
of letters from our readers, cartoons, puzzles, advertisements, and
more...

Next time (August 2012), we will have another all-new issue of
Speculative Grammarian.

Enjoy!

-Trey Jones
Managing Editor, Speculative Grammarian
http://SpecGram.com

P.S.: We're still looking for new contributors--we're seeking witty,
erudite papers in satirical linguistics that demonstrate a comprehensive
knowledge of the field of linguistics as a whole, a subtle wit, and a
refined sense of written language. However, as those kinds of papers
are pretty hard to come by, we're *accepting* papers that are
moderately clever, can be edited into some passable form, and don't
rely too heavily on bodily function humor. More information is available
at http://SpecGram.com/submit.html