23.3028, Jobs: Applied Ling; Writing for L1/2 Speakers: Instructor/Lecturer, Ohio University

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 12 14:08:24 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3028. Thu Jul 12 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3028, Jobs: Applied Ling; Writing for L1/2 Speakers: Instructor/Lecturer, Ohio University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:05:18
From: Dawn Bikowski [bikowski at ohio.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Writing for L1/2 Speakers: Instructor/Lecturer, Ohio University, Ohio, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3028.html&submissionid=4549681&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Ohio University
Department: Linguistics Department
Job Location: Ohio, USA
Web Address: http://www.ohio.edu/linguistics/elip
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; High-Level Writing for Native and Non-Native English Speakers

This Lecturer position in the English Language Improvement Program (ELIP)
in the Department of Linguistics will primarily consist of teaching non-native
and native English speakers in advanced writing, in addition to possibly some
courses in speaking and critical reading.

We are a dynamic program offering opportunities for professional growth and
development. This is a full-time position on a 9-month contract with optional
summer teaching. Please see http://www.ohio.edu/linguistics/elip for details
on our program.

For position description and and application visit:
http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/3679

Applications accepted until position filled; for full consideration apply by
August 31, 2012.

We seek a candidate with a commitment in working effectively with students,
faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.

Candidates for this position need to have:
- PhD or ABD in Applied Linguistics or closely related field (acquired by
January 2013)
- Minimum of three years teaching experience in a US or Canadian university
- Experience in a US university teaching non-native English speakers
academic writing

Ohio University's main campus is located in Athens, Ohio, in beautiful, rural
southeast Ohio. Yet we are not far from several large cities (Columbus,
Cincinnati, Charleston) and just 5 or 6 hours from Washington, DC. The
university has approximately 25,000 students and a strong international
student population. While Ohio University excels in research, our mission to
excellence in teaching and to diversity offers this campus a strong
community atmosphere. We also have great access to technology, including
many computer labs throughout campus and a computer podium in each
classroom. Ohio University offers excellent resources for students and
faculty, and Athens offers a wonderful quality of life.

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2012 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/3679
Contact Information:
	Dr. Dawn Bikowski
	Email: bikowski at ohio.edu