23.3143, Calls: Syntax, Semantics, Phonology/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jul 21 15:26:44 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3143. Sat Jul 21 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3143, Calls: Syntax, Semantics, Phonology/USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:25:42
From: Stefan Huber [huber at usf.edu]
Subject: 4th Annual Tampa Workshop on Syntax, Semantics, and Phonology

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3143.html&submissionid=4550283&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 4th Annual Tampa Workshop on Syntax, Semantics, and Phonology
Short Title: TAW 4

Date: 21-Mar-2013 - 22-Mar-2013
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Contact Person: Stefan Huber
Meeting Email: huber at usf.edu
Web Site: http://www.tampalinguistics.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Phonology; Semantics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2012

Meeting Description:

The Annual Tampa Workshop (TAW) focuses on theoretical approaches to syntax, semantics, and phonology, and the exploration and explanation of distinctive phenomena in natural languages.

For this year's meeting we are proud to present Jason Merchant, University of Chicago, as our keynote speaker.

Call for Papers:

TAW 4 will have no special theme and we invite papers on all native languages.

Format:

Each accepted paper is allotted 30 minutes, including a minimum of five minutes for questions.

Submission:

To submit your abstracts please visit our workshop website http://www.tampalinguistics.org and follow the instructions there.

Abstracts should not exceed one page (US letter, Times New Roman, font size 12, including references).

Deadline:

The deadline for abstract submission is December 31, 2012. After a short review process, notifications will be sent out in mid-January.