23.3203, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Scientist, Educational Testing Service

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 26 17:42:35 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3203. Thu Jul 26 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3203, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Scientist, Educational Testing Service

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:41:54
From: Human Resources [none at given.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Scientist, Educational Testing Service, New Jersey, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3203.html&submissionid=4550584&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Educational Testing Service
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: http://www.Click2Apply.net/n5w6k45
Job Rank: Associate Research Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Research Scientist- Speech

ETS (Educational Testing Service), with headquarters in Princeton,
NJ, is a global $1.3B not for profit organization. Our mission is to
advance quality and equity in education by providing fair and valid
assessments, performing educational research and influencing
policies that promote learning, performance, education and
professional development. As a nonprofit corporation and an
innovator in developing tests for clients in education, government
and business, we are dedicated to advancing educational excellence
for the communities we serve.

The goal of our Research & Development Division is to make
fundamental contributions to the progress of education worldwide
through educational research and analysis, fair and valid
assessments, innovative product development and informative
policy studies.

Our Research Scientists provide scientific and technical skills in
conceptualizing, designing, obtaining support for, conducting, and
managing research projects and/or development projects,
particularly those for which scientific principles are applied to the
creation of tools to improve the efficiency or quality of the practice of
test development or statistical analysis; new item types; the scoring
of responses to open-ended items; and innovative assessment
prototypes or products.

Job Requirements:

Currently, we are recruiting for Scientists for the following position:
-  Associate Research Scientist, Speech, Job ID:124337

Education:
Ph.D. in Language Technologies, Natural Language Processing,
Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, with strong emphasis
on speech technology and preferably some education in linguistics is
required.

Experience:
Evidence of substantive research experience and/or experience in
developing and deploying speech capabilities is required.
Demonstrable contributions to new and/or modified theories of
speech processing and their implementation in automated systems.
Demonstrable expertise in the application of speech recognition
systems and fluency in at least one major programming language
(e.g., Java, Perl, C/C++, Python).

For more information about ETS, and Research & Development,
please visit us at www.ets.org and search on the following job ID
#124337. ETS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Application Deadline: 21-Jan-2013

Web Address for Applications: http://www.Click2Apply.net/n5w6k45
Contact Information:
	Human Resources