23.3241, Jobs: Semantics; Pragmatics; Discourse Analysis: Asst Prof, Brown University

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 31 14:27:35 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3241. Tue Jul 31 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3241, Jobs: Semantics; Pragmatics; Discourse Analysis: Asst Prof, Brown University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:27:07
From: Patricia Squadrito [Patricia_Squadrito at brown.edu]
Subject: Semantics; Pragmatics; Discourse Analysis: Assistant Professor, Brown University, Rhode Island, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3241.html&submissionid=4550841&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Brown University
Department: Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences
Job Location: Rhode Island, USA
Web Address: http://brown.edu/Departments/CLPS/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Semantics

The Department of Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences is seeking
to fill a tenure track Assistant Professor position in the areas of semantics,
pragmatics, and/or discourse.

The successful candidate will have a research program grounded in linguistic
theory, which also makes contact with broader issues in Cognitive Science and
Psychology. A cross-linguistic component is highly desirable. Preference will be
given to candidates who enhance our existing strengths while broadening our
current program, and who can contribute to our Linguistics and Cognitive
Science of Language programs.

Successful candidates are expected to have a record of excellence in research
and a readiness to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching and
mentoring. We anticipate conducting one additional search in future years in the
areas of Linguistics and Cognitive Science of Language.

Brown has a highly interdisciplinary research environment in the study of the
mind, brain, behavior, and language; the Department has recently moved into a
renovated state-of-the-art building in the heart of campus.

Curriculum vitae, reprints and preprints of publications, statement of research
interests, a teaching statement (one page each), and three letters of reference
should be submitted. To apply please visit http://www.interfolio.com/apply/13566

Applications received by December 10, 2012 are assured of full review. All
Ph.D. requirements must be completed before July 1, 2013. Brown is an
EEO/AA Employer. Minorities and women are especially encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 10-Dec-2012

Web Address for Applications: http://www.interfolio.com/apply/13566
Contact Information:
	Administrative Manager Patricia Squadrito
	Email: Patricia_Squadrito at brown.edu
	Phone: 401-863-2105
	Fax: 401-863-2255