23.2567, Jobs: Applied Ling, General Ling: Lecturer, Thammasat U

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 1 15:57:56 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2567. Fri Jun 01 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2567, Jobs: Applied Ling, General Ling: Lecturer, Thammasat U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:57:44
From: Varisa Kamalanavin [linguistics at tu.ac.th]
Subject: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics: Lecturer, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2567.html&submissionid=4547465&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Thammasat University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thammasat
University, in Bangkok, Thailand, currently has three teaching positions
available.

For the first two openings, we invite applications from Thai nationals who
graduated with an MA and/or a PhD in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics, from
a highly respected and internationally accredited institution. Recruitment can
be done on the basis of either the interuniversity  "government official"
transfer or the newer "university employee" system. Rates of base salary for
university employees are: 14,120 baht per month (MA holder) and 19,230
baht per month (PhD holder).  For more information on regulations, important
dates and requested documentation, please follow this link:
http://arts.tu.ac.th/tuart/images/jobs/j4_270455.pdf. (NB: alternative
arrangements can be made for applicants currently residing overseas.)

For the non-Thai opening, we especially invite applications from MA or PhD
holders in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics, who are native speakers of
American English, Canadian English, British English, Australian English or
New Zealand English. The starting monthly salary is 37,310 baht (i.e. 24,310
baht of actual salary, plus a housing allowance of 8,000 baht and the Faculty
of Liberal Arts financial supplement of 5,000 baht per month). The
employment agreement is renewable on a yearly basis for the first two years.
After this period, depending on performance, the contract may be renewed
every two years. Application screening involves document check-up, followed
by a face-to-face or telephone interview (arranged at the applicant's own
expense).

Requested documents include:
(1) a completed application form (available upon request)
(2) a cover letter
(3) a CV
(4) copies of all transcripts and degree diplomas
(5) copies of sample work
(6) two letters of recommendations written by past or current employers or
thesis supervisors
(7) a medical certificate and
(8) two passport photos.

Experience in working and/or teaching in the fields of General Linguistics or
Applied Linguistics is a plus. The successful candidate is informed that, in
addition to a document check-up and an interview, your application will only
be finalized on condition that we receive an evidence of your graduation
verification directly from your university's registrar. We need this proof for all
the degrees that you hold.

Prospective applicants for all the three openings are expected to show that
they have good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, an
ability to work both individually and in a team, and most importantly,
familiarity with a Thai work setting. Teaching load is up to three courses per
semester at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Other job
responsibilities include assistance with administrative matters and in the
editorial team of the Department's bi-annually published Journal of Language
and Linguistics.

All initial enquiries should be directed at Dr. Varisa Kamalanavin at the email
address listed below, or by phone at (+66) (0)2 613-2581.

Please send your all supporting documents (in hard copy) in an application
pack to the address below.

Application deadline:
31 August 2012 (Thai positions)
31 July 2012 (non-Thai position)

Starting date of employment: November 2012

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr Varisa Kamalanavin
	Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Liberal Arts
	Thammasat University
	2 Prachan Road
	Bangkok, Bangkok 10200
	Thailand