23.2576, FYI: Chapter Proposals on Mapping and Critical Thinking

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 1 18:12:33 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2576. Fri Jun 01 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2576, FYI: Chapter Proposals on Mapping and Critical Thinking

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:12:30
From: Leonard Shedletsky [lenny at maine.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2576.html&submissionid=4547522&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Call for Chapter Proposals: Cases on Teaching Critical Thinking
through Visual Representation Strategies

Editors:

Leonard Shedletsky (University of Southern Maine, USA )
Jeffrey S. Beaudry (University of Southern Maine, USA)

Scholars of critical thinking have begun to gather evidence for the claim
that mapping arguments and concepts aids the student in developing
their critical thinking as well as their ability to write high quality essays.
We are putting together an edited volume of classroom tested uses of
mapping with regard to critical thinking and writing. If you have
undertaken such a practice, kindergarten through postgraduate level,
please consider writing a proposal for a chapter in this book.

http://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/743