23.2600, Jobs: Spanish; Lang Acq; Translation: Lecturer, American U

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 5 13:41:32 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2600. Tue Jun 05 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2600, Jobs: Spanish; Lang Acq; Translation: Lecturer, American U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:41:08
From: Susan Sherzer [ssherzer at american.edu]
Subject: Spanish; Language Acquisition; Translation: Lecturer, American University, District of Columbia, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2600.html&submissionid=4547662&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: American University
Department: Language and Foreign Studies
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.american.edu/
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Translation

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

American University's Department of Language and Foreign Studies in the
College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a full-time term faculty
position in Spanish at the rank of Professorial Lecturer, beginning in Fall 2012.
The position may be renewable.

Qualifications: PhD required; native or near-native fluency in Spanish; language
teaching experience at the university level; evidence of teaching excellence.

Responsibilities: Teach 22-24 credit hours of courses per academic year.
Courses will primarily include Spanish language but may also include Latino
studies (e.g., history, sociology, political science, religious studies, and gender
studies) and translation, depending on the candidate's specialization. Other
responsibilities may include course coordination and student mentoring.

Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing teaching interests and
experience, a C.V., three letters for recommendation, and a statement of
teaching philosophy to the Chair, Spanish Instructor Search Committee,
Department of Language and Foreign Studies at the address below.

Applicants may send their dossier either electronically to the email address
listed below or by regular mail.

For best consideration, apply by June 25, 2012.  American University is an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action university; women and
minority candidates are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 25-Jun-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair Susan Sherzer
	American University