23.2609, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Analyst, Verilogue Inc.

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 5 15:48:38 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2609. Tue Jun 05 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2609, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Analyst, Verilogue Inc.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:48:00
From: Matt Patras [mpatras at verilogue.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Analyst, Verilogue Inc., Pennsylvania, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2609.html&submissionid=4547645&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Verilogue Inc.
Department: Client Services
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.verilogue.com
Job Rank: Linguistic Insights and Analytics Analyst

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Natural Language Processing

Overview:
Our Analytics Group applies methods of linguistic, conversation and
ethnographic analysis to physician-patient interactions, delivering
deep insights about the way physicians and patients manage
discussions pertaining to diagnosis and treatment of a variety of
health conditions. Our work identifies, describes and evaluates the
relationship between physician-patient attitudinal and emotional
characteristics and health behaviors and outcomes.

Verilogue is seeking an analyst with formal training in applied
linguistics, particularly with exposure to discourse and conversation
analysis, and experience or interest in marketing research and brand
marketing.

Primary Responsibilities:
-  Analyzing large bodies of conversational data to provide insight
into, interactional dynamics, physician and patient emotional and
attitudinal profiles, uses of conceptual metaphor and descriptive
analogies, disease and product sentiment, and brand positioning;
-  Developing strategic reports and presentations;
-  Participating in client workshops and report presentations;
-  Contributing to the development of marketing collateral and
communications pieces, including monthly newsletters, consumer
and scholarly articles, and conference presentations, among others;
-  Evolving and innovating analytical modules to support new
product/service offerings.

Key Competencies:
-  Comfortable with principles of applied linguistics and ethno
methodology;
-  Strong presentation and public speaking skills;
-  Ability to breakdown and address complex research questions;
-  Understanding of or interest in the health care industry;
-  Strong writing skills;
-  Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
-  Sense of initiative and the ability to undertake and successfully
conclude projects with minimal supervision;
-  Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
and Excel.

Minimum Qualifications:
-  0-3 years experience in a professional business environment
-  Excellent academic credentials in applied linguistics
-  Master's degree preferred; Bachelor's with advanced linguistic
coursework acceptable
-  Able to travel 5 - 10%
-  Superb presentation skills

Compensation and Benefits:
Verilogue provides a base salary, bonus and equity plans
commensurate with candidate experience and position
requirements. Health and welfare benefits include medical,
prescription, dental and vision plans. Other benefits include a 401(k)
retirement plan, life and accidental death insurance, paid vacation
and holidays. Our employees also enjoy flexible schedules and a
casual work environment.

Verilogue rewards personal excellence in the pursuit of our common
goals and is extraordinarily respectful of the individual and of the
creative, intellectual and cultural diversity of our team. Our culture
has allowed us to attract and retain talented individuals who are
driven by a vision of the way we will transform the practice of health
care communication.

Email Address for Applications: mpatras at verilogue.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.verilogue.com/careers.php
Contact Information: