23.2651, Jobs: General Ling; Phonology; Morphology; Syntax: Visiting Prof, U of Central Arkansas

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 8 13:28:11 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2651. Fri Jun 08 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2651, Jobs: General Ling; Phonology; Morphology; Syntax: Visiting Prof, U of Central Arkansas

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:27:29
From: Scott Payne [spayne at uca.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics; Phonology; Morphology; Syntax: Visiting Professor, University of Central Arkansas, Arkansas, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2651.html&submissionid=4547882&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Central Arkansas
Department: Writing
Job Location: Arkansas, USA
Web Address: http://www.uca.edu/writing/
Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology; Syntax

The Position: The Department of Writing at the University of Central Arkansas
invites applications for a non-tenure-track, visiting assistant professor position
for the 2012-2013 academic year. Successful candidates will have a strong
commitment to teaching and be able to teach in several sub-fields of linguistics.

The teaching load will be 4 courses per semester, including courses in general
education linguistics and introductory and upper-division courses in the
Linguistics major. Strong candidates will be prepared to teach three of our
courses for the BA in Linguistics: Field Methods and Phonology this fall, and
Analytical Methods of Morphology and Syntax next spring. The successful
candidate may also be called upon to teach an upper-division elective, based on
interest, background, and need. Linguistics courses are also part of the majors
in Writing and Creative Writing.

Minimum Qualifications: Evidence of teaching excellence in linguistics at the
undergraduate level and a PhD in linguistics or closely related field.

Application: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until
filled.  Electronic submission of materials is encouraged.  Candidates should
submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for four
references to the address or email listed below.

The University of Central Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.

Application Deadline: 15-Jul-2012 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Scott Payne
	Department of Writing
	University of Central Arkansas