23.2874, Jobs: Comp Ling, NLP: Speech Recognition Engineer, SETEM Technologies

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 28 20:38:40 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2874. Thu Jun 28 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2874, Jobs: Comp Ling, NLP: Speech Recognition Engineer, SETEM Technologies

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:38:20
From: Anthony Cirurgiao, CEO [jobs at setemtech.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing: Speech Recognition Engineer, SETEM Technologies, Massachusetts, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2874.html&submissionid=4548982&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SETEM Technologies
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://setemtech.com
Job Rank: Speech Recognition Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Setem Technologies is developing signal separation technology that
addresses the 'Cocktail Party Problem' - the ability to focus on a
specific speech source and mitigate / eliminate any extraneous
background noise or interference. The value proposition greatly
enhances the effectiveness of any application, service or device that
is dependent on capturing and delivering voice clarity, as
background noise impacting speech perception is one of the greatest
problems affecting voice command systems, hearing aids, cell
phones, headsets and other microphone dependent devices /
services. Setem's technology has been demonstrated to deliver
orders of magnitude improvement in signal to noise ratio loss
contrasted to currently available commercial devices and noise
filtering technologies today. The company has generated industry
interest among:
-  Mobile app companies: that are fueling the excitement of using
speech recognition on the cell phone, but are experiencing issues
with ambient noises interfering with accuracy
-  Cellular handset / smartphone companies: that are continuously
seeking to improve call and voice quality, as consumers care most
about being heard
-  Hearing aid manufacturers: that are struggling to address the
largest complaint among their consumer base - that background
noise is limiting speech comprehension

We are currently seeking talented and driven engineers and
researchers to join our team. Our offices are located in Newbury, MA
(North Shore) and Durham, NH.

Speech Recognition Engineer
We are seeking an expert in speech / voice recognition to join our
engineering team and help drive our efforts in the continued
development and application of innovative signal processing
algorithms geared for speech recognition engines. The best
applicant will be excited about devising and applying creative
techniques to long­standing problems.

Responsibilities:
-  Develop audio signal processing algorithms for speech
processing.
-  Design and implement systems to evaluate algorithm
performance.

Required Skills:
-  Demonstrated deep technical understanding of the latest speech
recognition algorithms.
-  3+ years experience developing and evaluating algorithms.
-  Experience working with software teams to transition signal
processing algorithms to real­time code.
-  Strong working knowledge of the Fast Fourier Transform.
-  Ability to investigate and specify feature extraction targets to
optimize third-party speech recognition engine performance.

Desired Skills:
-  Experience developing speech-recognition algorithms in MATLAB.
-  Working knowledge of C / C++.
-  Working knowledge of Scientific Python.
-  Ability to test proprietary speech recognition systems to detect key
functional components.

All position inquiries / responses should be sent to the application
email address below.

Application Deadline: 01-Aug-2012 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: jobs at setemtech.com
Contact Information:
	Anthony Cirurgiao, CEO
	Email: jobs at setemtech.com