23.2558, Jobs: Applied Ling: Asst Prof, U of Pennsylvania

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu May 31 21:18:49 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-2558. Thu May 31 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.2558, Jobs: Applied Ling: Asst Prof, U of Pennsylvania

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 17:18:13
From: Elizabeth Deane [bettyd at gse.upenn.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-2558.html&submissionid=4547461&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Pennsylvania
Department: Education/Educational Linguistics
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.gse.upenn.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

The Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania invites
applications for a tenure track position at assistant professor level in our
division of Educational Linguistics. Candidates should have an earned
doctorate in educational or applied linguistics, second language studies, or a
related field.

We are looking for scholars who have an active program of interdisciplinary
research in second language acquisition, TESOL, or multilingual education
policy and practice, with specialization in one or more of the following areas:
- English as a global language
- Technology and new media
- Language assessment
- Bilingualism and biliteracy
- Corpus analysis
- Language planning and policy
- Heritage language teaching and learning
- Indigenous language revitalization
- Language ideology
- Sociolinguistics
- Super-diversity
- Critical language awareness

Ideal candidates will also have expertise in language learning and teaching in
one or more of the following settings: K-12 schools, higher education or
community programs, in national or international contexts. We are interested
in scholars whose abilities and interests relate to students at both doctoral
and master's levels, and who can offer courses, as well as supervise, guide,
and conduct research germane to the interests of professional language
educators and educational researchers.

The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity affirmative action
employer; women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.

We anticipate that the appointment will be made at the assistant professor
level, to begin July 1, 2013. We will begin reviewing applications on October
1, 2012 but will continue to consider new applications until the position is
filled.

Please apply online at
https://www.gse.upenn.edu/faculty_research/positions/apply-ELX, submitting
a letter expressing your interest and general qualifications, curriculum vitae,
and reprints of publications and relevant manuscripts.  Please address all
correspondence to Chair Elizabeth Deane at the mailing address below.
In order to be considered, letters from three references should be forwarded
to the mailing address below.

Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2012
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, TESOL Search Committee Elizabeth Deane
	Graduate School of Education
	University of Pennsylvania
	3700 Walnut Street
	Philadelphia, PA 19104