23.4727, Calls: Linguistics & Literature, Translation/Bahrain

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 12 15:50:38 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4727. Mon Nov 12 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4727, Calls: Linguistics & Literature, Translation/Bahrain

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:49:33
From: Muna Alqouz [muna.alqouz at gmail.com]
Subject: 2nd Regional Symposium on Language, Literature and Translation

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4727.html&submissionid=4557933&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 2nd Regional Symposium on Language, Literature and Translation

Date: 27-Mar-2013 - 28-Mar-2013
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Contact Person: Dr. Omar Qaddumi
Meeting Email: dellsymposium2 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://dell-conf-3.uob.edu.bh/

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature; Translation

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2013

Meeting Description:

The Department of English Language & Literature is delighted to announce its second regional symposium on language, literature and translation.

Selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings. This second regional symposium is an opportunity for intellectual exchange in a friendly and open environment and we look forward to welcoming you in Bahrain!

Registration Fee:

Early registration fee: BD 20 (payments should be received no later than 27/02/2013)
On-site registration fee: BD 30

Cheques, drafts should be payable to the University of Bahrain and returned to:

Dr. Nuri Ageli
University of Bahrain
Sakhir Campus
P.O. Box 32038
Kingdom of Bahrain

Travel and accommodation expenses are the participants' responsibility. The symposium organising committee will, however, arrange for hotel reservations and air tickets on Gulf Air at special prices. Information on these issues will be sent to all participants in due time.

Call for Papers:

The symposium organising committee cordially invites potential participants to send in a 350-400 word abstract via email no later than January 15, 2013 to:

Dr. Omar Qaddumi (dellsymposium2 at gmail.com)

Abstracts should include potential participants' name, title, affiliation and email address. Complete articles (of accepted abstracts) should also be sent in, if available, no later than February 15, 2013. The articles will appear in the refereed conference proceedings.

Symposium Themes:

Our symposium this year will, as previously, represent an eclectic mix of theoretical and pedagogical research within the three branches of language, translation and literature. We are especially interested in receiving submissions in the following areas:

Emergent technologies, language, literature and translation
Translation in the interconnected world
The integration of language and literature
Current research and developments in ESP practice
New directions in cultural and communication studies

Although submissions will be particularly welcomed in these broad areas, we are happy to consider other submissions.

Important Dates:

Abstract submission deadline: January 15, 2013
Notification of acceptance: February 7, 2013
Complete articles submission deadline: February 15, 2013