23.4198, Calls: Romanian, Socioling, Historical Ling, Applied Ling, Lexicography/Romania

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 8 17:46:26 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4198. Mon Oct 08 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4198, Calls: Romanian, Socioling, Historical Ling, Applied Ling, Lexicography/Romania

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:45:17
From: Alexandru Nicolae [nicolae_bibi at yahoo.com]
Subject: Romanian Language: Synchronic Variation, Diachronic Variation

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4198.html&submissionid=4555223&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Romanian Language: Synchronic Variation, Diachronic Variation

Date: 14-Dec-2012 - 15-Dec-2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact Person: Alexandru Nicolae
Meeting Email: nicolae_bibi at yahoo.com
Web Site: http://www.unibuc.ro/depts/litere/limba_romana/index.php

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Lexicography; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): Romanian (ron)

Call Deadline: 25-Oct-2012

Meeting Description:

Faculty of Letters, University of Bucharest
Department of Linguistics
Centre for Theoretical and Applied Linguistics

12th International Conference of the Department of Linguistics: The Romanian Language: Synchronic Variation, Diachronic Variation
Date: December 14-15, 2012
Location: Bucharest, Faculty of Letters, University of Bucharest

As in the previous editions, we intend to cover a wide range of topics, encompassing all the domains and directions of research in the study of Romanian and in general linguistics, bringing together a large number of researchers from Romania and from abroad.

Keynote Speakers (confirmed):

Gabriela Alboiu (York University)
The Level of Verb Movement in Old Romanian: A Comparison to Modern Romanian

Adam Ledgeway (University of Cambridge)
Romance Auxiliary Selection in Light of Romanian Evidence

Martin Maiden (University of Oxford)
Pluralele de tipul carne - cărnuri și structura morfologică a substantivului românesc

Ian Roberts (University of Cambridge)
Remarks on Parameter Hierarchies

Registration Fee:

25 Euros (or RON 100); students: 12 Euros (RON 50). The registration fee can be paid upon arrival.

2nd Call for Papers:

We encourage a wide range of different types of abstracts, including but not limited to the following:

- Morphology, syntax, phonetics, and phonology
- Pragmatics and stylistics
- Lexicology and lexicography, semantics, and terminology
- History of language, philology, and dialectology
- Teaching Romanian as a mother tongue and as a foreign language
- Round table: 'The place of linguistic and philological disciplines in the university's curricula'

Furthermore, we intend to organize round tables and workshops, and, as such, we are waiting for your proposals.

Conference languages: Romanian, English, French

Submitted abstracts should be 1 page in length. Please send abstracts no later than October 25, 2012 to: colocviu_lingvistica at yahoo.ro. For further inquiries, please contact Alexandru Nicolae (nicolae_bibi at yahoo.com) or Adina Dragomirescu (adina_drag at yahoo.com).

Notification of acceptance: November 5, 2012

The abstracts which are not accepted as oral presentations may be presented as posters.

Presentations will be scheduled for 30 minute slots (20 minutes followed by 10 minutes for questions).

For further information, go to our department's website: