23.4227, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acq, Discourse Analysis, Socioling, Translation/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 10 15:28:27 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4227. Wed Oct 10 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4227, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acq, Discourse Analysis, Socioling, Translation/UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:27:03
From: Melissa Choi [ecll at iafor.org]
Subject: Inaugural European Conference on Language Learning 2013

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4227.html&submissionid=4555351&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Inaugural European Conference on Language Learning 2013
Short Title: ECLL 2013

Date: 18-Jul-2013 - 21-Jul-2013
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Melissa Choi
Meeting Email: ecll at iafor.org
Web Site: http://www.ecll.iafor.org

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2013

Meeting Description:

The International Academic Forum in conjunction with its global partners is proud to announce the Inaugural European Conference on Language Learning, to be held from July 18-21, 2013, at the Brighton Thistle Hotel, Brighton, England.

http://www.ecll.iafor.org
ecll at iafor.org

Conference theme: 'Shifting Paradigms: Informed Responses'

Over the past years, education has seen many shifts in the areas of teaching methodology, assessment, and use of technology; to mention a few. Learner-centered classrooms, collaboration, and transformative education focus on process in addition to content. These are just a few of the changes that have occurred. Education reform is everywhere as teachers and administrators attempt to create schools and classes for the 21st century. To do our jobs properly, we need to be aware of these changes. And as language educators we need to show how language learning and teaching can help achieve the goals of the future. We invite language educators, administrators, policy makers, and others to join us at ECLL 2013 as we share what we are doing in our classrooms and at our schools to respond to the shifts happening around us.

Call for Papers:

The conference theme is 'Shifting Paradigms: Informed Responses' and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of disciplines and fields related to Language Learning and Teaching, including the following streams:

Alternative assessment
Anxiety & Motivation
Bilingualism
Blended learning
Constructivist approaches
Conversation analysis
Cross-Cultural Communication
Design
First language acquisition
Gaming and Simulation
Individual differences
Innovative language teaching and learning methodologies
Interactional competence
Inter-group relations
Knowledge management/LMS
Language education
Learner and teacher autonomy
Learning Environments
Learning Strategies
Learning Third languages
Life-long learning
Literacy
Linguistics
Methodology
Open Learning Initiative (OLI)
Phonetics and Phonology
Pragmatics
Sociolinguistics
World Englishes
Teacher training
Testing and evaluation
The good language learner
Translation and Interpretation

The ECLL 2013 organizers are happy to engage a broad range of taught languages. We kindly ask, however, that all submission and oral presentations be made in the ECLL 2013 lingua franca of English.

For more information on submission guidelines, please view our website:

http://www.ecll.iafor.org

Important Dates:

Deadline for submission of abstracts: March 1, 2013
Results of abstract reviews returned to authors: Within two weeks of submitting an abstract
Deadline for submission of full papers: September 1, 2013
Deadline for full conference registration payment for all presenters: June 15, 2013
ECLL Conference: July 18-21, 2013