23.4301, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/ Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching (Jrnl)

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 15 14:27:16 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4301. Mon Oct 15 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4301, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/ Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching (Jrnl)

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Rebekah McClure <rebekah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:26:51
From: Jakub Bielak [kubabogu at amu.edu.pl]
Subject: Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4301.html&submissionid=4555549&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching

Call Deadline: 25-Jan-2013

The imagination can be an incredibly powerful resource for language learners, yet as researchers and educators we know very little about how they employ this resource or how we may utilize it in order to facilitate successful learning. Scholarly interest to date has tended to focus on the links between the imagination and creativity, and it is only in recent years that researchers have begun to take an interest in how the imaginations of language learners can shape identity formation, inform self-concept, and influence their motivation, goals and approaches to learning. The aim of this Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching special issue is to stimulate discussion that will contribute to a greater understanding of the functioning of the imagination in relation to language learning and help educators meet the challenge of developing pedagogical interventions that harness its power.

Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching invites proposals for submissions to this special issue focusing on the role of the imagination in language learning. We invite both conceptual and empirical papers, welcoming a broad range of theoretical and methodological perspectives. For more details about submission visit our site:

http://ssllt.amu.edu.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=4

Proposals should consist of a titled abstract of not more than 200 words and must be received by Friday 25th January, 2013. For accepted proposals, the deadline for submission of full articles will be Friday 12th July, 2013. Please submit your abstract proposals to the editors, Stephen Ryan and Sarah Mercer, to the following email address: ssllt at amu.edu.pl