23.4309, Calls: Syntax/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 15 14:58:36 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4309. Mon Oct 15 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4309, Calls: Syntax/UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:57:42
From: Theresa Biberauer [mtb23 at cam.ac.uk]
Subject: 2nd Cambridge Comparative Syntax Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4309.html&submissionid=4555729&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 2nd Cambridge Comparative Syntax Conference
Short Title: CamCoS 2

Date: 10-May-2013 - 11-May-2013
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Theresa Biberauer
Meeting Email: mtb23 at cam.ac.uk

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2013

Meeting Description:

The ERC project 'Rethinking Comparative Syntax' presents the 2nd Cambridge Comparative Syntax Conference (CamCoS 2).

After the success of CamCoS 1 earlier this year (see http://www.mml.cam.ac.uk/dtal/research/recos/camcos/), we are happy to announce CamCoS 2, which will be a two-day event running 10-11 May 2013. The first day will have a general comparative generative syntax focus, while the second day takes the same theme-oriented, invited-speaker format as CamCoS 1.

The theme for CamCoS 2 is 'Focus', with our central question being 'How can we know whether focus is represented in the narrow syntax?'

The invited speakers are:

Enoch Aboh (University of Amsterdam)
David Beaver (University of Texas at Austin)
Daniel Büring (University of Vienna)
Aritz Irurtzun (CNRS)
Ad Neeleman and Hans van de Koot (University College London)
Stavros Skopeteas (University of Bielefeld)
Susanne Winkler (University of Tübingen)

Call for Papers:

For Day 1, we invite abstracts for 30-minute presentations on any topic in comparative generative syntax. We particularly welcome papers explicitly addressing parametric issues and/or offering comparative analyses (synchronic or diachronic) of previously un(der)studied languages and/or phenomena, and papers concerned with 'bigger picture' questions, such as what insights modern comparative generative syntax might offer in relation to linguistic typology and syntax-interface mappings. We also encourage papers concerned with methodologies for modern comparative generative syntax.

Anonymous abstracts should not exceed two pages (12-point Times New Roman font, with single spacing and margins of at least 2.54cm/1 inch), including examples and references. They should be uploaded electronically via EasyAbstracts (http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/CamCoS2), preferably in pdf format. The submission deadline is Tuesday 15 January.

Please see the conference and project website (http://www.mml.cam.ac.uk/dtal/research/recos) or contact Theresa Biberauer (mtb23 at cam.ac.uk) for more information.